I am an IT lecturer in a male prison and am a bit of a liberal who feels that one should never give up on a human being and that there can always be redemption. Tout comprendre, c’est tout pardonner. Some of my students have been murderers, pimps, paedophiles and major drug dealers; they can be seriously violent men and yet some are strangely likeable. Locking people up and throwing away the key can never be the answer. I feel it is important to engage with these people even if they have committed heinous crimes. If we don’t show some tolerance for those people who have taken a wrong turn in their lives then our society will be the poorer.
- Great to hear our friends @CERN on @BBCRadio4 this morning! Hear more about their amazing work at The Physics Pavil… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 32 minutes ago
- RT @gigsketch: @therealmambazo Here you are performing at Womad Festival last year #womad17 @WOMADfestival Have a good trip! https://t.co/2… 1 hour ago
- RT @TheKoraWorkshop: Happy memory @WOMADfestival 2017. 350+ people came to try their hand at the kora, we're going for 400 this year :-) h… 1 hour ago
- Are you feeling the post-Christmas pinch? Don't worry – you can pay by instalments for tickets to WOMAD 2018. And w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- RT @sideburns1970: Only 200 days until @WOMADfestival https://t.co/lwWqS9nXIs 1 week ago