I am an IT lecturer in a male prison and am a bit of a liberal who feels that one should never give up on a human being and that there can always be redemption. Tout comprendre, c’est tout pardonner. Some of my students have been murderers, pimps, paedophiles and major drug dealers; they can be seriously violent men and yet some are strangely likeable. Locking people up and throwing away the key can never be the answer. I feel it is important to engage with these people even if they have committed heinous crimes. If we don’t show some tolerance for those people who have taken a wrong turn in their lives then our society will be the poorer.
- RT @HouseChoir: #tbt to @WOMADfestival when our founder @singmaddixsing spoke to @BBCRadio4 on the power of singing buff.ly/2wd8pZy 1 hour ago
- RT @RocketRecording: "Fuzzed out guitars met tribal rhythms" @GIGsoup say some words about GOAT at @WOMADfestival https://t.co/r0UQF0IN5… 1 day ago
- RT @jem_world: WorldBeat @GlastonburyFM 7-9pm. Already missing @WOMADfestival 2017? Take another look back at the sights + sounds with a 2… 2 days ago
- RT @DJcaljader: Great session on Saturday night @womadfestival #riverstage @nationaltheatre lovely audience and… instagram.com/p/BXx_KjyhgGk/ 3 days ago
- RT @NationalTheatre: What a #RiverStage takeover that was - thanks, @WOMADfestival. https://t.co/ZilNCt3ysN 4 days ago