I am an IT lecturer in a male prison and am a bit of a liberal who feels that one should never give up on a human being and that there can always be redemption. Tout comprendre, c’est tout pardonner. Some of my students have been murderers, pimps, paedophiles and major drug dealers; they can be seriously violent men and yet some are strangely likeable. Locking people up and throwing away the key can never be the answer. I feel it is important to engage with these people even if they have committed heinous crimes. If we don’t show some tolerance for those people who have taken a wrong turn in their lives then our society will be the poorer.
- RT @deliciousmag: Happy #Diwali to everyone celebrating the Festival of Lights today. We'd love to hear what's on the menu! 4 hours ago
- 4 weeks to go until WOMAD 2018 Early Bird Tickets go on sale! 🙌 #Festival #WOMAD2018 #Countdown #EarlyBird… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
- Check out the first lineup announcement @WomadChile 2018 @danieljadue @ErnestoOttoneR 🎉 twitter.com/womadchile/sta… 2 days ago
- RT @Mayaqanun: I woke up with this piece in my head and had to share it. Have a beautiful day! #repost @WOMADfestival #optimism https://t.c… 2 days ago
- RT @RealWorldRec: We re-issued 8 classic Real World albums on glorious vinyl in July. Re-discover the titles in our vinyl mini-site: https:… 2 days ago