I am an immigrant woman from a village in India. I am illiterate and speak a little Hindi. I am small, demure, passive, unassuming and sweet. I rather like being called an exotic specimen – it makes me feel special! I am an obedient wife: I faithfully walk behind my husband, prepare his meals, do all the domestic duties and in the darkness of the night I satisfy his sexual needs. I am a professional mother and love looking after my many children. As I go about my work I remind myself of the many scenes from the Bollywood movies and dream of becoming an actress.
- RT @HouseChoir: #tbt to @WOMADfestival when our founder @singmaddixsing spoke to @BBCRadio4 on the power of singing buff.ly/2wd8pZy 1 hour ago
- RT @RocketRecording: "Fuzzed out guitars met tribal rhythms" @GIGsoup say some words about GOAT at @WOMADfestival https://t.co/r0UQF0IN5… 1 day ago
- RT @jem_world: WorldBeat @GlastonburyFM 7-9pm. Already missing @WOMADfestival 2017? Take another look back at the sights + sounds with a 2… 2 days ago
- RT @DJcaljader: Great session on Saturday night @womadfestival #riverstage @nationaltheatre lovely audience and… instagram.com/p/BXx_KjyhgGk/ 3 days ago
- RT @NationalTheatre: What a #RiverStage takeover that was - thanks, @WOMADfestival. https://t.co/ZilNCt3ysN 4 days ago