We Lords just love to lord it over the rest of you citizens of this glorious free country and the best bit is that we get to coin it by just attending the House occasionally and having a jolly good subsidised lunch at the bloody good Lords’ restaurant. We get to dress up in ermine and have a lot of influence over all the plebs in the other place and the country as a whole – power without responsibility, that’s what we love. Would be nice to be a hereditary, but a lifelong peer has it pretty good and the best bit is you have to call us Lord and the little lady is a ‘Lady’ and even the kids are ‘the Honourable’. What more could you ask for? Nice little earner and no graft.
- Great to hear our friends @CERN on @BBCRadio4 this morning! Hear more about their amazing work at The Physics Pavil… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 29 minutes ago
- RT @gigsketch: @therealmambazo Here you are performing at Womad Festival last year #womad17 @WOMADfestival Have a good trip! https://t.co/2… 58 minutes ago
- RT @TheKoraWorkshop: Happy memory @WOMADfestival 2017. 350+ people came to try their hand at the kora, we're going for 400 this year :-) h… 58 minutes ago
- Are you feeling the post-Christmas pinch? Don't worry – you can pay by instalments for tickets to WOMAD 2018. And w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- RT @sideburns1970: Only 200 days until @WOMADfestival https://t.co/lwWqS9nXIs 1 week ago