We Lords just love to lord it over the rest of you citizens of this glorious free country and the best bit is that we get to coin it by just attending the House occasionally and having a jolly good subsidised lunch at the bloody good Lords’ restaurant. We get to dress up in ermine and have a lot of influence over all the plebs in the other place and the country as a whole – power without responsibility, that’s what we love. Would be nice to be a hereditary, but a lifelong peer has it pretty good and the best bit is you have to call us Lord and the little lady is a ‘Lady’ and even the kids are ‘the Honourable’. What more could you ask for? Nice little earner and no graft.
- RT @HouseChoir: #tbt to @WOMADfestival when our founder @singmaddixsing spoke to @BBCRadio4 on the power of singing buff.ly/2wd8pZy 1 hour ago
- RT @RocketRecording: "Fuzzed out guitars met tribal rhythms" @GIGsoup say some words about GOAT at @WOMADfestival https://t.co/r0UQF0IN5… 1 day ago
- RT @jem_world: WorldBeat @GlastonburyFM 7-9pm. Already missing @WOMADfestival 2017? Take another look back at the sights + sounds with a 2… 2 days ago
- RT @DJcaljader: Great session on Saturday night @womadfestival #riverstage @nationaltheatre lovely audience and… instagram.com/p/BXx_KjyhgGk/ 3 days ago
- RT @NationalTheatre: What a #RiverStage takeover that was - thanks, @WOMADfestival. https://t.co/ZilNCt3ysN 4 days ago