I am constantly told I look like a lesbian. This wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t based purely on my haircut & boots. I’m told my piercings make me unemployable, dangerous & suspicious. I’m followed around stores, because of them it is assumed I’m a thief. When my tattoos are on show I am asked why I got them, won’t I hate them when I’m older, what’s the point of tattoos, the meaning behind them are stupid. T-shirts with feminist or vaguely politicised slogans lead people to believe I’m angry & abrasive. Even my eye make-up can lead to questions about my ‘anger issues’ and political message.
- Great to hear our friends @CERN on @BBCRadio4 this morning! Hear more about their amazing work at The Physics Pavil… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 minutes ago
- RT @gigsketch: @therealmambazo Here you are performing at Womad Festival last year #womad17 @WOMADfestival Have a good trip! https://t.co/2… 50 minutes ago
- RT @TheKoraWorkshop: Happy memory @WOMADfestival 2017. 350+ people came to try their hand at the kora, we're going for 400 this year :-) h… 50 minutes ago
- Are you feeling the post-Christmas pinch? Don't worry – you can pay by instalments for tickets to WOMAD 2018. And w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- RT @sideburns1970: Only 200 days until @WOMADfestival https://t.co/lwWqS9nXIs 1 week ago