Psychiatrists are to be avoided at all costs. They are power-hungry paternalists who impose their view of normality on the rest of society. Although they have trained as doctors, most of what they do is based on dodgy pseudo-diagnoses, hiding behind an ever-shifting array of disorders, none of which seem to have any known cause or real treatment. Most other medical specialties look down on them as second class quacks. If they have any concern about you (perhaps you just make them feel anxious or freak them out) then they will section you at the drop of a hat and admit you to hospital to be pumped full of toxic drugs and jumped on by burly nurses. If they’re not doing that they pry into your private life and talk a load of psycho-babble at you.
- Great to hear our friends @CERN on @BBCRadio4 this morning! Hear more about their amazing work at The Physics Pavil… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 23 minutes ago
- RT @gigsketch: @therealmambazo Here you are performing at Womad Festival last year #womad17 @WOMADfestival Have a good trip! https://t.co/2… 52 minutes ago
- RT @TheKoraWorkshop: Happy memory @WOMADfestival 2017. 350+ people came to try their hand at the kora, we're going for 400 this year :-) h… 52 minutes ago
- Are you feeling the post-Christmas pinch? Don't worry – you can pay by instalments for tickets to WOMAD 2018. And w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- RT @sideburns1970: Only 200 days until @WOMADfestival https://t.co/lwWqS9nXIs 1 week ago