Funeral celebrants are rather morbid characters. They’re seldom seen wearing anything other than black. They’re very dull and heavy to be around and have a queer fascination with death that enables them to spend time with dead bodies and with people who have a dead body they need to get rid of. That ‘celebrant’ word’s an odd one; seems to have something to do with celebration, but it can’t, because this is death we’re talking about.
- RT @HouseChoir: #tbt to @WOMADfestival when our founder @singmaddixsing spoke to @BBCRadio4 on the power of singing buff.ly/2wd8pZy 1 hour ago
- RT @RocketRecording: "Fuzzed out guitars met tribal rhythms" @GIGsoup say some words about GOAT at @WOMADfestival https://t.co/r0UQF0IN5… 1 day ago
- RT @jem_world: WorldBeat @GlastonburyFM 7-9pm. Already missing @WOMADfestival 2017? Take another look back at the sights + sounds with a 2… 2 days ago
- RT @DJcaljader: Great session on Saturday night @womadfestival #riverstage @nationaltheatre lovely audience and… instagram.com/p/BXx_KjyhgGk/ 3 days ago
- RT @NationalTheatre: What a #RiverStage takeover that was - thanks, @WOMADfestival. https://t.co/ZilNCt3ysN 4 days ago